Looking for Home Insurance?
We understand that your home here in West Texas is more than just a house; it’s where you and your loved ones build memories, feel safe, and create a sense of belonging. Home insurance is a critical aspect of protecting your investment, your personal belongings, and your financial security. Whether you are a homeowner or a renter, our team of knowledgeable agents is here to guide you through the complex world of home insurance and help you find the right coverage for your unique needs. We are committed to providing you with personalized service, competitive rates, and peace of mind knowing that your home and everything inside it are well-protected.
Why Do You Need Home Insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That’s important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
Here are a few scenarios where home insurance can help:
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you’d need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what’s included and what is not.
Questions You Should Ask Your Agent If You Are Shopping For Home Insurance
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home’s features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
- What’s the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Home Insurance?
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.
Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners’ responsibility.
What Does Home Insurance Cover?
Homeowners insurance policies offer a diversity of benefits, each designed to offer targeted protection for a diversity of unexpected, unavoidable issues. These include:
- Structure protection: This insures your house in the event of damage from fires, weather, theft, vandalism or other hazards.
- Detached structures coverage: Other buildings on your property – such as fences, carports, gazebos and detached garages – will have coverage.
- Possessions insurance: This pays for damaged belongings. Protection might cover everything from furniture to food in the pantry and computer systems.
- Liability coverage: If you accidentally harm someone else or damage their property, you can use this coverage to repay them. Coverage will often pay for incidents both on and off your property.
- Additional living expense protection: Do you need to move out temporarily after household damage? Let this coverage reimburse you for expenses like dining or hotel bills.
Plus, because your home is unique, you can further tailor your benefits with more unique options like:
- Scheduled items riders
- Replacement cost value possessions coverage
- Umbrella liability insurance
- Flood insurance
- Earthquake and windstorm endorsements
- Pet liability insurance
We will always customize your plan to your advantage by helping you tailor your deductibles and overall coverage limits.
How much home insurance do I have to buy?
Most mortgage lenders require homebuyers to purchase homeowners insurance before they will approve loan applications. Generally, they will require you to obtain at least enough dwelling coverage for your home’s replacement cost value.
Regardless of any coverage requirement, however, you should always carry this benefit as part of your comprehensive personal insurance package.
What does home insurance cost?
Multiple factors could influence the cost of your home insurance, including:
- The value of the home
- The home’s location
- Your credit score
- Security features in the home
- Your chosen policy and coverage limits
We work one-to-one with you to determine the best ways to get your home the coverage it deserves, but at prices you can afford.