Motorcycle Insurance Information
Motorcycle insurance is essential coverage for motorcycle owners. Like most vehicle accidents, motorcycle accidents can be expensive, and motorcycle insurance can alleviate the burden of significant out-of-pocket costs following a covered incident.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Cover?
Motorcycle insurance varies among policyholders but commonly includes coverages such as the following:
- Liability coverage helps cover bodily injury and property damage you may cause to others if you are in an accident.
- Collision coverage helps cover damage to your motorcycle if you are involved in an accident or collision with an object (e.g., fence).
- Comprehensive coverage helps pay for damage caused by events other than collisions. This can include fire, theft or vandalism.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage helps pay for damage to you, your passengers and your property if you get into an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- Optional equipment coverage helps cover additional or optional equipment on your motorcycle if you decide to customize it.
- Medical payments (MedPay) coverage helps pay for your medical bills and those of your passengers, regardless of who was at fault for an accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage is similar to MedPay coverage because it helps pay medical bills that you or your passengers incur. However, it also provides wage replacement benefits and coverage for funeral costs following an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
Policies may be customized to include additional coverages. Contact InsureAll of West Texas to learn more about options, limits, exclusions and deductibles.
Do I Need Motorcycle Insurance?
In Texas, motorcycle owners must carry some form of motorcycle insurance to prove financial responsibility for potential accidents they might cause. Motorcycle insurance is necessary to limit out-of-pocket costs following a covered accident, so it’s essential to carry more than the minimum insurance mandates.
How Much Does Motorcycle Insurance Cost?
Insurance providers generally determine motorcycle insurance rates by looking at factors such as a policyholder’s motorcycle model and claims history. Rates can vary significantly among bike owners, so it’s essential to contact InsureAll of West Texas to learn more about policy costs.
If you are a bike owner near Midland, Texas, the experienced agents at InsureAll of West Texas are here to help you learn more about potential motorcycle insurance policies.
To learn more about your coverage options, contact our agency at 432-848-3055 today.