Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
Car Insurance in Midland, TX
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your Midlands or Big Spring, TX insurance agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Common Auto Insurance Questions:
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance is, in many ways, a contract between a car owner and an insurance agency that states the insurer will help assist financially in the case of an accident to help alleviate significant damage costs. The amount the insurance agency provides depends on the type of policy the car owner has. The benefit of auto insurance is that the driver can feel safe knowing that they’ll have financial assistance in the unfortunate case of an accident.
How does auto insurance work?
Costs tend to get very high for car accidents. Auto insurance is a guarantee that you will be assisted financially, in some type of way, to keep out-of-pocket costs down. Following an accident, you will file a claim and, depending on what you are responsible for, you’ll be given a certain amount of money to assist with damage costs. It’s important to have proper coverage to avoid paying hefty out-of-pocket costs.
What does auto insurance cover?
The average auto insurance policy can offer numerous benefits, including:
Collision insurance: This covers damage to your own vehicle that you sustained in a wreck.
Comprehensive insurance: This coverage pays for damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage, fires, theft, vandalism or similar accidents.
Medical payments coverage/Personal Injury Protection: If you get hurt in an accident, this coverage can pay for your medical bills. It sometimes will cover other losses, like lost income.
Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance: This insures you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage. If you are the victim of a hit-and-run, for example, then this coverage can pay for your car’s damage.
Plus, to further customize your benefits, you can add countless perks into qualifying policies, including:
Rental car reimbursement
Is auto insurance required?
Collision, comprehensive and gap coverage policies might also be required for car owners who decided to finance their vehicles.
Settling for the bare minimum coverage is something you will want to avoid, and our agency will assist you in picking the right coverage for you and your vehicle.
What does auto insurance cost?
Numerous factors can influence the cost of your auto policy, including:
Your chosen coverage limits
The value of your vehicle
Your driving accident history
Your history of claims on other auto policies
Where you live
Although there are some car owners who pay different prices for the same auto insurance policy, we assure you that we will use our knowledge and experience to assist you in finding the best, most reasonable coverage.